St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Up to £12 per hour + PAYE
19 days ago
2 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Allocation Assistant to join our busy offices based in St Albans on a temporary basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £12 p/h PAYE
As the Housing Allocation Assistant, your main duties will include:
- To carry out interviews, within the office and externally at applicants homes as required under housing legislation to verify housing applicants details to ensure that applicants are housed in accordance with the Council's allocation policy and attend viewings with successful applicants.
- To detect and report any incidents of suspected fraud relating to housing applications to the Housing Options Officer for further investigation.
- Work with colleagues, members of the public, other local authorities and statutory agencies, Housing Associations in relation to the Councils housing application and allocation functions.
- Collation of statistical data and administrative duties as required by Housing Options Team Leader
- Providing advice and assistance regarding the choice based letting and housing allocation scheme on the telephone - this may involve dealing with a large volume of calls on a regular basis.
- Assist the Housing Options Officer to monitor applicants' bidding to ensure that applicants who are not bidding are identified and contacted, place bids on behalf of customers who have been offered assisted bidding.
- Completing Experian, land registry and financial checks on housing applicants
- Processing and recording terminations of tenancy in line with procedures.
- To follow safeguarding procedures and to report incidents of suspected abuse or neglect of children or vulnerable adults to the designated officer.
To be successful for this Housing Allocation Assistant post you will need to have:
- General Knowledge of social housing
- Knowledge of choice-based letting and housing allocation policies
- The ability to demonstrate a total commitment to high-quality customer care, equality and diversity, both internal and external, and to demonstrate how this should be applied throughout the duties required of this post.
- Experience of working in a people-orientated customer support role
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to comply with data protection, security and confidentiality standards of the Council
- Ability to liaise with a range of agencies such as Social Service departments, Womens' Refuges, Housing Associations etc
- Experience of working with elderly or vulnerable client groups within the community
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.