Worthing, West Sussex
£15.36 - £17 per hour + Paye / Umbrella
15 days ago
12 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Homeless Intervention & Prevention Officer to join our busy offices based in Worthing on a temporary basis for 12 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £15.36 p/h.
As the Homeless Intervention & Prevention Officer, your main duties will include:
- The Housing Needs team would like to recruit an experienced and motivated housing officer to work with the Councils' clients who are in housing need or already homeless, with the aim of preventing them from becoming homeless or to help them move to sustainable accommodation and to assess what the Councils' duties are to clients in housing need.
- Making complex assessments of a household's circumstances and housing needs
To be successful for this Homeless Intervention & Prevention Officer post you will have:
- Educated to at least Level 2, or with equivalent experience
- A high level of understanding of the causes of homelessness and best practice in preventing homelessness
- Excellent working knowledge of housing and homelessness legislation.
- Experience of effectively managing a caseload of applications in order to reach timely but robust decisions to achieve the best outcome for homeless applicants while also being aware of the cost implications to the Councils.
- Very good working knowledge of housing legislation and how it is applied to a wide range of clients
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.