£15.59 - £16.37 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking Home Ownership Property Manager on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- Provide an excellent core Landlord service to our Leasehold customers, ensuring the management is in accordance with the terms of Leases, Legislation, Regulation, and Best Practice.
- Work as part of a dedicated customer centric team to deliver exceptional customer services. Ensuring income is maximised. Lead on the identification and delivery of annual financial surpluses, which delivers continuous operating efficiency's.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage pre void inspections, day to day property and block inspections, diagnosing basic property repairs, dealing with breaches of leases and enforcing lease obligations.
- Managing of arrears, court attendance, and minimising debts, including maximising the collection of rent, service charges, ground rent, rent and conventional leasehold properties for current customers and minimise former customer debts, in line with policies, procedures and targets.
- Use the housing management systems to monitor, identify and recover arrears of rent and service charges for shared ownership, in order to achieve income targets.
- Attend and present evidence at Court on behalf of the Association and produce and serve Notices to ensure that arrears target levels are achieved. Attend evictions with Court Officials.
- Conduct monthly block/scheme inspections of shared ownership, leaseholder, market rent, and key worker schemes ensuring that the reporting and completion of repairs is undertaken to a high standard and in timescale.
- Arrange communal repairs where necessary; making suitable recommendations on required works, liaise with Property Services in respect of cyclical, routine maintenance, major works, and sinking funds ensuring works are of a good standard and completed to timescale.
- Attend and chair resident group meetings for leaseholders and shared owners.
- Manage the administration of service charge accounts, including consultation with residents and leaseholders and respond to requests for information. Ensuring it is in compliance with Section 20 or the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 as requested.
- Liaise with Income and Compliance Manager over the re-sale of shared ownership properties, including responding to solicitor enquiries within set timescales.
- Respond to customer's requests for permissions and liaise as necessary Income and Compliance Manager with Property Services to ensure the plans and proposed works comply with the relevant regulations and any administration costs are invoiced and collected.
- Process applications for changeovers of tenancies and assignments to leases in accordance with policies and procedures. Follow the process for stair casing applications and assess residents in hardship for reverse stair casing ensuring responses are to timescale.
- Negotiate with lenders in possession regarding discretionary buyback, including preparing reports and making recommendations to the Home Ownership Manager.
- Liaise with managing agents and freeholders on matters relating to communal services, identify and manage poor performance and monitor required improvements.
- Organise own time and workload to achieve deadlines and targets, adopting a flexible approach to cover areas of work for colleagues as requested.
- Goods receipt purchase orders on Aggressor and inspect and certify QLX variation orders as necessary ensuring this is completed on a monthly basis.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Sovereign's corporate objectives.
- Observe and comply with Sovereign's policies and procedures and observe and continually promote equality and inclusion and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Continuously seek realistic ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness in your role, to help the department, and Sovereign, achieve its goals.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases