£15.45 - £19.24 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
16 days ago
A 3 month+ opportunity for a Home Ownership Officer has arisen with the local authorities in Kensington.
Manage a patch of homeowners' accounts. To provide a high quality service to your customers, ensuring that that they are managed in accordance with the terms of their leases, transfer documents, legislation and best practice. Dealing with all matters relating to the lease with a real focus on building relationships and resolving disputes, ensuring that risk is effectively managed.
- Provide all home owners within an allocated patch with a range of services in line with RBKC's values and develop close working relationships with all clients, particularly the Property Services team, Community Investment, Customer Services and Neighbourhood Management.
- To deal with enquiries and challenges from home owners regarding service charges and ground rents; To investigate and resolve disputes arising from service charges, service agreements or other lease issues and checking estimates and final accounts for anomalies.
- To support the Home Ownership Manager in the management and delivery of the service across Housing Management, assisting with the development and review of policies and procedures and to contribute towards the departmental service plan.
- To oversee the Right to Buy process and ensure that all deadlines are met and applications are acknowledged and progressed in line with legislative guidelines.
- Undertake formal and informal Section 20 Major Work consultation from feasibility stage to the conclusion of the works; To work closely and assist Property Services and other departments to identify the need for formal consultation under s.20 in respect of qualifying works, protecting the landlord from any potential financial loss or legal challenges by making an informed decision based on risk and consultation triggers.
- To check and verify that the s.20 consultation memo and information received from other teams are accurate and processed through CRM.
- At least three years' experience of working in a social housing environment in a similar or related role.
- Detailed knowledge of best practice, the Housing Acts, Landlord and Tenant Acts and the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act.
- Comprehensive understanding of s.20 consultation, in particular risk and compliance.
- A good knowledge of residential leases and freehold transfers
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
Rate of Pay
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.