£22.79 - £25.58 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
27 days ago
A 6 Month+ opportunity, with the possibility of an extension, has arisen for a Highways Team Leader within the local authorities in Bedfordshire.
The Area Teams work to provide a safe and high-quality highway network for the public. We regularly inspect, respond to reported defects & arrange their repair. We ensure others working on our highway do so safely and their work is an acceptable standard. We work hard to provide good customer service and working relationships with elected members.
- Public/residents of Central Bedfordshire
- Elected Members
- Town are Parish Councils and other stakeholders
- Staff within the council
- Statutory Undertakers, developers etc
- You must have SMSTS & NRSWA Supervisor** qualifications, HNC or equivalent* and have a working knowledge of CBC Network Maintenance Management Plan
- Apply your experience to ensure the Highways Area Team are working efficiently and delivering their roles whilst providing specialist/expert advice for the service and ensuring performance in line with corporate aspirations.
- Be accountable for the team's budget ensuring that the Council receives best value.
- Be the primary contact for elected members, strategic partners, stakeholders & local communities.
- Ensure the Council is able to demonstrate compliance with its statutory obligations, including meeting health and safety legislation
Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay:
Umbrella: £ 25.58
There could be flexibility in the rate for the preferred candidate.
Day rates will be considered.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.