£35000 - £40000 per annum
5 months ago
A position has become available for a HGV Mechanic within the workshop department at Serco Windsor and Maidenhead.
You will provide essential maintenance within this commercial vehicle workshop environment with a fleet of 90 vehicles.
The successful applicant must display strong mechanical skills & have previous experience maintaining a fleet of vehicles, ideally, you will have maintained a municipal fleet previously (Refuse Collection vehicles, Street Cleansing vans & Road Sweepers). However, we will still consider applications from candidates with other fleet maintenance experience.
What is Essential?
- Electrical Fault Finding experience
- Hydraulic repair experience
- Experience in maintenance of fleet vehicles
- Good communication skills
- Be able to undertake all aspects of commercial vehicle maintenance and repair
What is Desirable?
- Full industry-recognised qualifications (City & Guilds / NVQ Level Three in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair)
- LGV Licence
- Chassis work
- Good written skills (to complete inspection/defect paperwork)
Working Hours Benefits
06:30 - 16:30 (1 hour lunch)
- 20 days Annual Leave
- Gym Discount
- Paid Overtime Opportunities
- Pension Scheme
- Family Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Discount and Money off Vouchers for a range of goods and services
- Work & Life Support Service
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.