£300.00 - £315.00 per day
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Healthy Places Officer on an initial 7 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
35 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
£300.00 per day
The councils Health and Well being Strategy identifies the creation of healthy places as a key method to improve health and well being and reduce health inequalities. The main purpose of this post is to work with different council departments and other organisations to create and manage initiatives that will make the healthy choice easy and to reduce health inequalities in the council, through tackling the wider determinants of health.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working across the whole council to develop a strategic approach to embedding HIAP across all of the council and partner services
- Working with colleagues in Environment and Regeneration to develop and implement policies that will reduce the negative health impact of poor air quality, building on the Air Quality Action Plan
- Supporting and promoting healthy workplace initiatives within the Council and its contractors, in partnership with HR and the procurement team.
- Supporting and promoting Healthy Eating Initiatives, through population and community approaches, such as working with food establishments within the borough and recruiting fast food outlets to participate in the Healthier Catering initiative.
- .Working with the Future council spatial planning team to ensure that health and well being are considered in local and neighbourhood plans and in planning decisions.
- To ensure that Health Impact Assessments are considered for regeneration projects in the council.
- Working with schools and their partners and communities to improve area based health for example through School Neighbourhood Activation Pilots
The style of working for the Healthy Place Officer will follow the values and behaviours expected by the council for all its staff and include the following:
- Displaying excellent verbal and written communication skills, to ensure work is shared and makes an impact for residents
- Working alongside topic experts from other council departments, partner organisations and other local authorities, showing curiosity and humility to learn from specialists
- Supporting other colleague's interests and objectives, seeking a win-win solution to challenges and joint delivery.
- Being a champion for the use of population and resident data to justify action on healthy places and the development of business cases.
- Preparing correspondence and reports as necessary and representing the department on forums and multidisciplinary working groups.
- Ensuring proper liaison with all interested parties including the public, elected members and other sections within the council and other local authorities..
- Maintaining records and databases and performing out other administrative work as required in connection with the post.
- Complying with the councils corporate procedures covering equal opportunities and customer care.
- Performing such other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may be required.
Skills and Experience:
Experience of the field of Regeneration, Public Health or Planning , working to develop public health [policy in multi agency partnerships.
Experience of effectively communicating with internal partners, the public and with providers/ developers to change practice or behaviours.
Willingness to work in an regeneration and public health environment and persuade stakeholders on the benefits of Healthy Eating, Healthy Workplaces, Smoke Free Legislation and Age Related Sales.
Experience of using qualitative and/or quantitative data, and ability to collate, analyse, interpret and evaluate data to support project work and inform decision making.
Experience in delivering projects to deadline.
Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with colleagues and service users, including the local community and businesses, individuals and groups.
Good oral and written communication skills, able to present matters clearly and concisely, considering the recipient of the information.
Ability to work on own initiative, to plan and manage own workload and respond to changing demands and priorities, whilst maintaining quality services.
Ability to respond effectively and with tact and diplomacy in pressurised and difficult situations.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases