Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £20.32 per hour
8 months ago
Our client is seeking a Health and Safety Partner on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension:
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £20.32 Per Hour PAYE.
- Provide high quality, generalist professional Health and Safety Advisory services to the Combined Authority, taking responsibility for ensuring managers are aware of and follow the Combined Authority's related policies and procedures, providing guidance and support/advice as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for delivering a high-quality professional Health and Safety advisory service to both managers and employees, working as an ambassador for the profession.
- Incorporate and demonstrate the corporate identity, culture, values and behaviours of the organisation in all aspects of work and encourage others to do so.
- Develop new organisational approaches to Health and Safety processes and policies in line with best practice and relevant legislation and roll these out to managers. Ensure appropriate awareness and training is provided to the management teams and employees.
- Give appropriate Health and Safety advice (Health and Safety law-related and/or using Combined Authority Policies/Procedures) on key operational issues.
- Provide managers with coaching, guidance and advice to enable them to handle routine health and safety issues.
- In conjunction with the Health and Safety Partner, monitor accidents and incidents and track and report these to various boards and groups
- Produce KPI and management information to the organisation. Provide analysis and trend observations and conduct further analytical work as requested, including producing statistics for inclusion in statutory returns and internal reports.
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or significant practical experience
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and best practice
- Diploma level qualification in Health and Safety
- Knowledge of accident and incident reporting and RIDDOR regulations
- Knowledge of health and safety systems
- Knowledge of health and safety risk management
- Ability to demonstrate versatility when working as a Health and Safety generalist
- Experience of fostering strong and effective internal partnerships.
- Confident to challenge staff and managers where areas of concern arise.
- Sharing best practice and briefing managers and staff
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.