Up to £400 per day
13 days ago
3 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Service Support to join our busy offices based in Dorset on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £400 per day.
As the Head of Service Support, your main duties will include:
- Representing and promoting the Authority at local, regional and national levels, raising the profile of Dorset and sharing best practice.
- Promoting the delivery of a strong digital agenda and encouraging the use of new and emerging technologies.
- Gathering, analysing and evaluating information across the organisation and areas of work to identify, understand and consider fresh approaches to service delivery.
- Contribute to the design of arrangements for services in Dorset which reflect local needs, and circumstances, involving the development of appropriate commissioning, management and governance arrangements, establishing appropriate organisation structures/designs to support effective service delivery and change.
- Build on the outcomes of Statutory Inspections and other external evaluations, so as to secure continuous improvements in performance and promote a culture of continuous improvement, and the active management of performance.
- Provide guidance and professional advice to the Chief Executive, Directors and elected members, ensuring clear communication, and delivery of council objectives.
- Support the council's community leadership role by effective contribution to local strategic partnerships.
- Work with and consult members of the public and partners, to ensure the provision of appropriate, effective and integrated services and to effectively represent the Service and wider Council.
- Undertake continued professional development and ensure understanding and communication of best working practices.
To be successful for this Head of Service Support post you will need to have:
- Significant demonstrable relevant experience
- Experience of strategic planning
- Proven experience of managing projects and budgets
- Previous experience of working in a large organisation or local authority
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.