Up to £54.22 per hour + Excellent Benefits
about 2 months ago
6 months +
A 6 months+ opportunity for a Head of Procurement has arisen with the local authorities in West End, London.
Leading the Council's Strategic Procurement Service, you will understand the commissioning, commercial, procurement and contract management needs of the Council.
You will be accountable for the successful delivery of all aspects of the commissioning and procurement service including oversight of governance, assurance and contract management frameworks and programme management, providing oversight to programme delivery, reporting on risks and performance to members and the leadership team, managing external relationships with key suppliers and partners of the Council.
Skills and Experience:
- Able to provide leadership on technical and organisational issues.
- Expertise in public sector procurement.
- Skilled in effective communication and presentation methods.
- Understanding of equality, diversity and sustainability issues relating to procurement.
- Understanding of project and / or programme management.
- Understanding of the National Procurement Strategy for Local Government.
- Well developed negotiating and influencing skills.
Hours of work are 8am till 5pm, 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 1 to 3 days per week in the office.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.