City of London, London
£401.60 - £421.68 per annum
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Head of IT & Digital Services Manager on an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
£401.60 per day
The Head of IT & Digital Services post will lead on the Council's digital and IT strategies.
In terms of Digital Services, this role sits within the context of an ambitious digital transformation programme and the post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the services and products that are delivered by the programme are strategically aligned with customer and business requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and continuously improves IT & Digital Services to become a centre of excellence.
- Build constructive and effective relationships across the three local authorities involved in the Shared ICT Service to ensure the delivery of robust and stable ICT services to the Council.
- Deliver digital services that meet user's needs and supports engaging and transacting with our customers in new ways.
- Deliver digital services that are best in class, providing the same quality of experience that users expect from their daily interactions with the most respected web services.
- Accelerate our progress, embedding agile working practices and facilitating a wider digital culture change across the Council.
- Deliver continuous improvements to our services, developing and delivering the changes and improvements necessary to provide effective services for users.
- Represent our digital services to senior stakeholders and user groups, compiling and presenting information from diverse audience, user and service sources to create and project a compelling product vision.
- Manage and lead a group of professionals to deliver an effective service to the Council.
- Ensures that the team is focused, motivated and inspired to achieve objectives and creates a positive team culture following the Council's ways of working.
- Manage and deliver required outcomes for a portfolio of projects, and provide high quality advice and support on major projects undertaken by the Council which may have significant and long-term impact across the Council's finances and resources.
- Responsibility for developing and delivering an approach to strategic planning. Support and develop operational strategies and programmes for the service.
- Responsibility for supporting the Council's vision by developing and delivering operational plans and outcomes for the service.
- Manage and develop strategies to manage risk in relation to ICT compliance for the Council, taking account of statutory requirements.
- Provide expertise and specialist IT and digital advice to Members and Chief Officers on policy and strategy, and the implications for service delivery.
- Develop and deliver the financial management and control systems. Manage service budgets and audit processes so that they align with organisational strategy.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive, comprehensive knowledge and understanding of functional management and best practice relating to its application in a large diverse organisation.
- An in-depth understanding of management concepts, practices and principles gained through experience of managing at a senior level, including knowledge of change management.
- An in-depth and practical understanding of existing and pending legislation, issues and financial challenges facing local government and specifically issues relating to the service area.
- An understanding of the relevant constraints, risks and trends affecting the service and an awareness of how they affect the development and delivery of programmes.
- A knowledge of equality's and diversity policies and how these influence service direction.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles and implications of the modernisation agenda for local government.
- Knowledge of the relationship between performance management and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge and understanding of existing and emerging technologies in digital transformation and ICT
- Experience in a relevant professional/management capacity within a large organisation, with experience of managing a significant portfolio; management and development of staff and responsibility of the management of substantial resources including budgets.
- A proven track record of influencing strategic decision-makers.
- Experience of strategic planning and decision making at a local and regional level.
- Experience of implementing large, complex modernisation programmes.
- Experience of consultation with service users and stakeholders, analysing their views and needs to achieve an accepted positive outcome.
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of stake holders, influencing and negotiating to achieve common objectives.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies and policies
- Experience of successful project management of complex initiatives in a political environment
- Managing resources to achieve demanding targets
- Significant experience of managing large ICT contracts and the change management experience required to deliver value.
- Significant experience of managing large digital transformation programmes across complex public sector organisations.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- Last 2 employers names.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.