£562.25 - £590.37 per day
15 days ago
Our client is seeking a Head of Internal. Fraud, Risk & Insurance on a 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension:
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30. At a pay rate of £562.25 Per Day.
- To provide high-quality cost-effective internal audit, counter-fraud, risk management and insurance services; ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory and professional requirements for all services with the Internal Audit, Fraud, Risk & Insurance Service.
- To provide leadership to staff and work with partners, colleagues, senior management and members to ensure successful delivery of all organisational aims and objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertaking the role of Chief Audit Executive for the Council and its group of companies consistent with by the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards.
- Leading the Service on a day to day basis and developing the strategic positioning of the Service so that it can be relied upon to provide efficient and effective assurance in all areas of the Council actively contributing to the delivery of the Council's Strategy.
- To act as Lead Officer in supporting and advising the Audit Committee.
- To ensure sound internal control and governance arrangements exist throughout the Council, working closely with the Monitoring Officer on the annual review of governance arrangements for the Council.
- To specify and manage contracts for the provision of internal audit, insurance and other services as appropriate and ensure that mechanisms for measuring, monitoring and reporting on performance are developed and operating effectively.
- To lead the Council in its counter fraud activities, protecting the Council's finances and reputation at all times.
- To lead on strategic risk arrangements within the Council ensuring that relevant policies and processes are embedded across the whole organisation.
- Ensuring that the Council's and group companies' insurance arrangements are adequate and cost-effective as well as providing risk management and insurance advice to officers and members
Skills and Experience:
- Holder of a full Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies (CCAB) qualification or a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CMIIA) and evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience in the leadership of internal audit, corporate fraud, risk management and insurance functions at management level, within a local authority or other organisation of comparable scope and complexity
- A proven record of successful change management, delivering new working policies and practices alongside cultural and structural change
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the statutory and financial framework within which local authorities operate and of emerging national agendas and policy issues.
- Demonstrates an up to date knowledge and understanding of the law, government policy and best practice in relation to the functions within the portfolio
- Experience of giving advice to and building relationships with senior management and Members
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases