City of London, London
£87201 - £90704 per annum
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Engineering to join our busy offices based in Southwark on a permanent basis. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 36 hours per week, paying up to £90k per annum.
The purpose of this job is to lead the Engineering Services team and be responsible for developing and championing strategic plans for lifts, electrical works, gas, heating, procurement, cost measurement and control, fire safety, compliance, water management, programme management and CDM to achieve the Council's vision for a Fairer Future. The role provides portfolio advice to the Council, leading in the achievement of positive outcomes in all transactions undertaken on the Council's behalf.
As the Head of Engineering, your main duties will include:
- Developing and continuously improving the service and developing policies for the service, creating underlying procedures and monitoring their implementation.
- Developing plans to deliver the Council's objectives, focussing upon the long-term business strategy and contributing to the wider longer-terms strategy; using knowledge of the competitive environment to inform strategic direction.
- Managing and delivering required outcomes for a portfolio of projects and providing high-quality advice and supporting on major projects which may have a significant and long-term impact across the Council's finances and resources.
- Managing and developing strategies to manage risk in relation to statutory compliance for the service.
- Providing expertise and specialist advice to Members and Chief Officers on policy and strategy and the implications on service delivery.
To be successful for this Head of Engineering post you will need to have:
- Experience in a relevant professional/management capacity within a large organisation, with experience of managing a significant portfolio; management and development of staff and responsibility of the management of substantial resources including budgets.
- Experience of consultation with a diverse local community, analysing their views and needs to achieve an accepted positive outcome.
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, influencing and negotiating to achieve common objectives.
- Experience of successful project management of complex initiatives in a political environment.
- Knowledge of the relationship between performance management and continuous improvement.
- 10 + years experience in a Site experience AND office environment.
- Public sector experience.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.