£27.47 - £30 per hour + Paye / Umbrella
7 months ago
2 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Economic Regeneration to join our busy offices based in Matlock on a temporary basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £27.47 p/h PAYE.
As the Head of Economic Regeneration, your main duties will include:
- Lead, organise, develop and motivate employees within assigned function/service areas specifically undertaking: management of performance, discipline and grievance, training and development requirements, absence management, recruitment and selection.
- Risk & Asset Management Manage risk in relation to service delivery and contribute to the corporate risk management framework. Use of risk and asset management practice to embed a culture of innovation in the use of resources and shared learning across service boundaries and partnerships.
- To provide effective management of the County Council's economic regeneration service.
- To work with the Derbyshire Economic Partnership to determine local economic growth priorities and deliver services and economic programmes to deliver objectives.
- To represent Derbyshire economic interests at a national and regional level notably through D2N2 Local Economic Partnership.
- To coordinate activity with partners to support a coherent Derbyshire offer for both inward investment and tourism promotion.
To be successful for this Head of Economic Regeneration post you will need to have:
- Extensive management experience at a senior level within a complex public, private or partnership organisation.
- Strong track record of delivering successful economic development projects and services.
- Significant experience of successfully working in partnership with the private sector to deliver projects to support economic growth.
- Successful working in partnership with local authorities, business support organisations and agencies to formulate and deliver strategic economic objectives.
- Working with elected members in pursuing agreed policy objectives.
- Experience of operating a robust performance management framework.
- Experience in managing budgets and project financials.
- Excellent leadership qualities with the ability to initiate action, setting and delivering challenging targets.
- Comprehensive understanding of the needs of the business sector and the role of local government in supporting growth.
- External funding and bid writing skills.
- Project and programme management skills.
- Understanding of IT infrastructure delivery in the UK
- Budget and financial management skills.
- Ability to implement legislation and policies to effect operational activity.
- Analysis and use of management information.
- Ability to work constructively and effectively in a large multidisciplinary and partnership environment.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.