City of London, London
£441.77 - £442.77 per day
8 months ago
6 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Delivery to join our client's offices based in Southwark on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £441.77 per day PAYE.
As the Head of Delivery, your main duties will include:
- The Head of Digital Delivery leads the design and delivery of digital transformation across the council. In doing so, they enable the business to achieve their objectives through a 'digital by default' and 'user-centred design' approach to transformation.
- The Head of Digital Delivery provides line management and guidance to their team, as well as taking full responsibility for actions and decisions around employee development. They are responsible for the delivery of the digital transformation programme and the IT capital programme. They are also responsible for providing a single strategic view of both programmes across the council as well as introducing and mandating a consistent project and programme governance framework. They also manage the business partnering approach which focusses on innovation and digital transformation.
- The post holder will also work closely with Organisation Transformation to deliver the Modernisation agenda underpinning the digital transformation programme. In particular, they must build a strong and effective working partnership to optimise the delivery of shared workstreams, avoid duplication of resource or activity and to plug gaps in service delivery.
- Working with our services on their digital transformation journey is at the heart of role, re-imagining and bringing to life ways in which our technology can open new and innovative ways for the council to do business and drive results, whether it's through improving how we interact with our customers, by increasing engagement and productivity or creating new service opportunities.
- It's not all about the technology. Digital transformation often requires a huge cultural shift. We need business to technology 'interpreters' to help connect the dots. Our Head of Digital Delivery will create a compelling digital vision, and lead the business through to execution ensuring the vision and results are achieved. Your ability to develop trusted relationships with senior managers, to help them think about their business and customers' challenges in the context of digital possibilities, and to collaborate on a vision to achieve more, are critical to success in this role.
To be successful for this Head of Delivery post you will need to have:
- A relevant degree and or professional qualification, or work experience of at least equivalent level.
- Working knowledge of service design and human-centred design.
- Broad understanding of current social, political, digital and economic issues affecting local government.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the delivery of complex services.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in managing and motivating multi-disciplinary teams.
- Expert knowledge of Prince2, agile and lean practices.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.