City and District of St. Albans
Up to £350 per day + PAYE + Holiday Pay
5 days ago
6 months +
A 6 months+ opportunity for a Head Community Services has arisen with the local authorities in St Albans.
As the Council's leading adviser on Community Services matters, provide sound and timely advice and guidance to the Council, Cabinet, its Committees, departments and officers and exercise delegated powers as set out in the Council's Constitution.
Budget responsibility: c£20m expenditure budget, c£13m income budget and c£7m capital budget.
Driving transformation and change in relation to Community Services matters by focusing on effective delivery, quality and flexibility to meet increasing customer expectations and achieve better value for money.
Identifying relevant areas within the service to temporarily transfer to Commercial and Development as development projects, supporting the effective return of work to Community Services when appropriate.
Skills and Experience:
- Waste, Street Services and Markets.
- Community Engagement and Partnerships.
- Strategic Parking Management.
- Experience of working in an environment which has a politically influenced decision-making structure with the ability to work effectively across the political spectrum.
- Knowledge and understanding of Operating public services with commercial elements.
- Significant experience of managing at a senior level, leading a multi-skilled and/or multi-functional team covering one or more of the major disciplines in a complex organisation with evidence of recent successful outcomes.
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.