£8.43 - £8.85 per annum
28 days ago
Our client is seeking a Grounds Maintenance on the initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
28 hours per week
Monday - Thursday
- To be responsible for the Cleanliness of the grounds and gardens within the Hospital site, monitoring and emptying bins and supporting with any other tasks required.
-Contributing to the patient experience - All roles have an increased focus on adding value through patient interaction and care and wellbeing. Focusing on employees using judgement and showing empathy during communications and interactions with patients, relatives and visitors. Employees in these roles will be accountable for sharing information (using judgement to deem when appropriate) to communicate with their broader colleague group to enhance the patient experience.
- Promoting efficiency and flexibility of the service - Focus on adding value by developing growing roles to have variety within day to day duties across departments. This will provide a greater flexibility and skill mix across teams, departments will be more agile to respond to flexing service requirements.
- Increased empowerment and accountability - To promote accountability, flexibility within departments with a view of improving engagement and to have a positive impact on patient, visitor and wider colleague experience.
- Knowledge, training and experience - Expanded to act as a checklist for employee training promoting a greater balance of customer care training and mandatory safety training for all employees. Promoting consistency of service quality across departments.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Monitor and empty bins around site insuring appropriate disposal
- Collecting litter, smoking waste and removing chewing gum from pathways
- Sweep car parks, entrances and pathways to ensure they are clear of debris
- Pressure wash entrance areas, paving areas and smoking areas to ensure the hospital perimeter is clean
- Use, clean and maintain the site and relevant equipment, securely store ensuring that any deviation in store levels or suitability of equipment is reported to the Supervisor for action.
- Monitor weather conditions and ensure appropriate action is take to prevent the risk of slips, trips and falls in icy weather - gritting pathways and access points
- Snow clearing and gritting, restocking and cleaning of grit bins
- Monitor condition and report any external maintenance issues
- Using correct PPE and working procedures for the task in hand
- Ensure that all work is carried out in line with Health and Safety, COSHH, Quality and Serco and Trust policies and procedures.
- Responsible for mentoring, supporting and buddying new employees to share learnings and experience.
- Assisting the training of new employees to undertake grounds assistant duties using the skills training record.
- To undertake visual inspection of equipment, prior to use, in line with H&S and training and take out of service and report to supervisor if any equipment is faulty, completing appropriate paperwork
- Empowered to use judgement when selecting activities to ensure a balance of the needs of the patient, colleagues and service provision.
- Increased focus on using judgement and empathy to ensure appropriate caring and supportive e communication to enhance patient experience.
- Perform tasks wearing the correct uniform and protective clothing at all times.
- To participate in team briefs, toolbox talks and all training, to ensure your knowledge and skills are up to date.
- To participate in service audits with Supervisors, Managers and service users as required using paper or electronic equipment.
- Supporting "Continuous Improvement" to maintain/ improve both quality and efficiency's, ensuring the service remains at the forefront with regards technology and new ways of working
- Undertake any other ad hoc duties as prescribed by your supervisor within scope of skill and capability.
Skills and Experience-
- Willing to work outside in all weathers
- Able to use basic tools
- Able to work flexibly, according to seasons and weather
- Working in a team
- Communication skills
- Practical skills
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.