£9.68 - £10.16 per hour
14 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Grants Administrator to join our clients offices based in Crewe on a temporary contract basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension.
As the Grants Administrator, your main duties will include:
- Assessing enquiries for financial assistance to check for eligibility against a set of published criteria
- Assessing applications for financial assistance to check for compliance with regulations and policies
- Preparing legal instructions and delegated decisions
- Checking paperwork for payment claims on the housing capital programme
- Developing and maintaining suitable recording systems using Microsoft Office and specialist/technical software.
- Providing information and advice to members of the public and partners on a wide range of issues around private sector housing including disrepair, support services, and financial assistance eligibility and procedures
To be successful for this Grants Administrator post you will need to have:
- NVQ level 3 qualification, or equivalent, in a relevant field
- Experience working in an administrative and/or financial environment, preferably within a local authority
- Understanding of loans, including mortgages
- Understanding of data protection, freedom of information and confidentiality requirements
- Good ICT skills - proficient user of databases and/or Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook etc.)
- Numeracy skills - to accurately deal with VAT and other percentage calculations
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.