£12.57 - £13.20 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Gas Plumber on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation and good practice.
- Experience of driving a transit-type van.
- Experience of using a mobile phone.
- Experience of operating a PDA (personal digital assistant) or similar.
- Experience of dealing with potentially volatile situations.
- Experience of working face to face with members of the public.
- Able to be tactful and diplomatic.
- Able to deal with difficult tenants and/or members of the public.
- Physically able to gain access and carry out work in difficult locations and confined spaces.
- Ability to manhandle portable plant and equipment, etc.
- Ability to work safely with different types of access equipment and work at heights.
- Sufficient skills to enable calculations for selection of equipment.
- Sufficient diagnostic skills to identify and resolve faults on a variety of heating installations and leaks on cold water.
- Able to understand and interpret manufacturers' installation instructions.
- Ability to calculate quantities of materials required to complete tasks.
- Able to complete all relevant reports, records, timesheets, certificates, etc. manually and electronically.
- Able to work as an individual or in a team to ensure positive, constructive outcomes.
- Ability to organise own workload.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Must be able to recognise discrimination in its many forms and willing to put into practice the Council's equality and diversity procedures.
- Must demonstrate a high level of customer care.
- Ability to remain self motivated whilst working in isolated locations.
- Able to use own initiative to prioritise own work tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst meeting strict targets and deadlines.
- Must be willing to participate in out of hours call out rota and alternative daytime shift patterns when required.
- Willing to undertake multi task training and work in line with the Council's modern workforce agreement.
- Willing to wear workwear, personal protective equipment and identification as required.
- Willing to work at heights and from various types of access equipment.
- Current full driving licence.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases