£30.52 - £32.05 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Flood Risk Manager to join our clients offices based in Morden on a temporary contract basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension.
As the Flood Risk Manager, your main duties will include:
- Provide expert advice in the form of substantive responses to Local Planning Authorities within 21 days on the management of surface water, the design of sustainable drainage systems and the mitigation of associated flood risk relating to major development.
- Undertake investigation of flooding events and causes in accordance with our responsibility as Lead Local Flood Authority under the Flood and Water Management Act 2010.
- Work with other risk management agencies and local authorities to implement flood risk mitigation measures.
- Undertake investigations and actions relating to the Council's responsibilities under the Land Drainage Act 1991
- Provide pre application advice on the management of surface water to prospective developers for major planning applications.
- Implement Highway Drainage works including surface water drainage schemes and maintenance of the highway drainage system, including managing gully cleansing programmes.
- Promote awareness and understanding of flood risk and the latest methods and approaches to prevent, mitigate and/or recover from flooding.
To be successful for this Flood Risk Manager post you will need to have:
- A proven track record of working in a flood risk role or drainage asset management related activity.
- Experience of flood risk assessment and drainage strategy review, including investigation of the causes of flooding and identification of potential solutions.
- Experience of dealing with customers including members of the public and other Risk Management Authorities.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a civil engineering or flood risk management related discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Land Drainage Act 1991.
- Knowledge, understanding and skilled in the application of sustainable drainage techniques.
- Understanding of flood risk mapping and GIS based systems
35 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.