£205.56 - £215.8 per day
22 days ago
Our client is seeking a Financial Analyst on the initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
The primary purpose of this post is to make an effective contribution to the Finance Management of the Council by reviewing and developing the Council's chart of accounts.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring Services are able to maximise the benefit of financial reporting and that decision making at all levels is based on accurate, timely and regulated financial information by ensuring the chart of accounts is fit for purpose and accurately reflects the various business needs of the Council.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- To contribute to the formulation of Service objectives and policies.
- To contribute to the effective and efficient implementation of Council policies and the achievement of the Council's objectives. To help achieve the aims, objectives and targets set by the finance service and the project manager, particularly financial ones.
- To work within the values and culture of the Council. To participate in co-operative working across services in accordance with the Council's Vision and Values. To participate in cross-service initiatives as required.
- To undertake all duties within the Councils Rules, Policies and approved procedures and recognised codes of conduct, such as Internet use, health and safety, equalities etc.
- To be aware, and keep updated on, the issues affecting local government nationally and locally.
- To contribute to ensuring that that effective external working relationships are established and maintained with outside organisations and agencies relevant to the work of the Council.
- To work as part of a professional multi-disciplinary team ensuring that that effective internal working relationships are maintained with staff involved in the projects.
- To contribute to effective and accessible communication with staff, service users, the general public and others as appropriate.
- Responsible for the leadership, management, development (including performance review) and recruitment of the post holders reporting to this post, in accordance with Council and Service Policies.
- Ensure that all employees within the Team are effectively organised, trained and resourced and work to clear professional values, standards and best practices in order to maximise their effectiveness. Manage the team's budget.
- Promote effective team working, ensuring that all employees within the Team are effectively motivated and have the opportunity to develop personal potential within agreed corporate and service aims and objectives.
- Contribute to the development of strategic and service plans for the financial service, and implement organisational to ensure that services are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner
- Contribute to the development of, and to be responsible for ensuring communication of clear service objectives and performance targets; establish and implement performance review mechanisms in accordance with corporate policy.
- Promote equal opportunity and effective risk management in all activities of the Team, and the health and safety of all service users and employees.
- Deputise for the Finance & Resources Manager as and when required, attending senior management meetings.
- Review the Council's chart of accounts in the finance and business systems used by the Council to ensure
- The decision making of the Council at all levels is based on accurate and timely financial information
- That the Council can effectively manage and monitor its various businesses activities, through accurate management accounts
- That the Council can undertake accurate and effective financial forecasting and financial modelling
- That the business transactions of the Council comply with all accounting regulations and statutory obligations , including for the preparation of its final accounts and statutory returns
- Challenge stakeholders and managers to ensure that coding requirements relating to their business areas are in accordance with regulatory, accounting and business requirements, both existing and in the future
- Identify opportunities to fully develop the chart of accounts to maximise benefits to the Council.
- Identify analysis requirements in order to facilitate and support key strategic and commercial decisions
- Identify opportunities to rationalise coding structures
- Consult with Directors, managers and stakeholders to identify reporting requirements in order to allow them to effectively manage their business
- Develop a comprehensive specification of future reporting requirements based on discussions and feedback from Directors, managers and stakeholders
Skills and Experience-
- A full accountancy qualification from CCAB accounting body eg CIPFA/CIMA etc is essential
- At least 5 years' experience in a business or financial environment
- At least 2 years post-qualification experience.
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and experience of key business processes in finance/pensions/payroll
- An extensive knowledge of the Authority's financial systems, including budgetary control, accounting procedures, Risk Management, Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
- An extensive knowledge of Local Authority Services including an appreciation and understanding of current and proposed legislation and Council policy and its effect on the Authority.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding accounting and financial procedures and the ability to present these so that they are understood.
- High level interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, able to present complex financial information in an appropriate format and targeted to specific audiences.
- Able to create innovative solutions to complex problems, consistently exhibiting decisiveness, adaptability and the ability to work without supervision, to a high standard and within tight timescales and deadlines.
- Formal evidence of Project Management skills, such as successful completion of a formal training course and experience gained on specific projects.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Agresso Business World system and other financial systems
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.