£18 - £20 per hour
16 days ago
4 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Advisor to join our busy offices based in Chicksands on a temporary basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £18 p/h PAYE.
As the Financial Advisor, your main duties will include:
- Assist with the preparation of revenue budgets for service areas within the timetable and standards specified to ensure that the financial plans provide an effective and accurate base for financial management.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of budget monitoring and management information in conjunction with Cost Centre Managers (low risk) and ensure that financial issues are properly represented, both in terms of current and projected positions, recommending on appropriate action to correct areas of variance.
- Assist in the annual closure of the accounts for Service Directorate within the timetable and standards laid down, complying with the requirement to input to and prepare statutory accounts, grant claims and statistical returns within a fixed timetable.
- Ensure that the financial information within the Council's financial system (SAP) and Budget Planning and Consolidation (BPC) is accurate and reflects underlying activity data and the budgetary information is maintained and profiled to reflect anticipated spend profiles.
- Ensure monthly accruals/prepayments and miscoding journals are posted on SAP. The post holder will need to calculate the accruals/prepayments journals using the relevant information.
- The post holder will need to be able to use Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level. This will include being able to complete V-look ups, Sumif's, simple If statements and produce pivot tables.
- Assist in the provision of a full range of direct accountancy support services to managers and budget holders within the service directorate. The post-holder will ensure that managers are fully supported in their need for financial information to manage their activities to achieve their own objectives, and are fully aware of legal requirements and changes to legislation. This support will include training of appropriate operational staff.
- Assist the Finance Manager in appraisal and advise on the financial implications of all legislation and decisions of the County Council, Executive Committee, Directors, and Service Management Team that effects the service area, to ensure that the full effects of such decisions are effectively communicated, understood and acted upon by Cost Centre Managers
- Ensure that all relevant input to local budget management systems and the County Council Financial System (SAP) has been input up to the appropriate stage at the month-end, before month-end reports are run, or reconciliation's made, to ensure that the output is understandable and accurate.
- Participate actively in the development of financial management systems and practices utilising Information Technology where appropriate to ensure that available opportunities are maximised and developed
To be successful for this Financial Advisor post you will need to have:
- Full membership of AAT or part qualified AAT with experience.
- Business and financial performance management experience in local government finance and accountancy
- Proven track record of working, unsupervised, with budget managers
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.