£10.14 - £11.14 per hour + Paye / Umbrella
6 months ago
6 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Administrator to join our client's offices based in Keynsham on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £10.14 p/h PAYE.
As the Financial Administrator, your main duties will include:
- Ensure the effective and efficient implementation of Council policies and the achievement of the Council's objectives including financial. To comply with statutory, strategic, audit and departmental responsibilities in line with the relevant legislation.
- To support and facilitate co-operative working across services in accordance with the Council's Vision and Values. To lead on cross-service initiatives as required.
- To assist in ensuring the Team's services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity and health and safety issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- To assist in ensuring effective external and internal working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the work of the service
- To ensure effective and accessible communication with staff, service users, the general public, Solicitors, statutory and partnership organisations and others as appropriate.
- Ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the Councils payment and invoice policies.
- Ensure the prompt case allocation to Care Finance Officers to enable them to fulfil their statutory duties.
To be successful for this Financial Administrator post you will need to have:
- At least 3 GCE 'O' Levels or GCSE grade 'C' or above including English and Maths. Proven IT skills to a high level including Word and Excel.
- To have demonstrated the ability to manage and organise a wide range of financial administration functions.
- Substantial experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people in difficult circumstances sympathetically are essential.
- A high standard of numeracy is required together with a proven ability to interpret and comply with statutory and financial regulations.
- To have demonstrated the ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision within a complex area.
- To work accurately under high levels of pressures and deadlines with frequent changes of responsibility
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.