£10.14 - £10.65 per hour
2 months ago
Our client is seeking a Financial Administration Officer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The post holder will be responsible for the control and allocation of work to the Assessment Officers for clients in receipt of Residential and Nursing Care services. You will accurately record the contractual and financial information to ensure payments to providers in relations to Residential Care services and Continuing Health care are made within departmental deadlines.
The post holder will raise invoices for the recovery of care charges in line with National Policies and to work with the Debt Management Officers in the control and monitoring of Deferred Payments.
The role will involve regularly monitoring, updating and maintaining statistical information to enable monthly reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the effective and efficient implementation of Council policies and the achievement of the Council's objectives including financial. To comply with statutory, strategic, audit and departmental responsibilities in line with the relevant legislation's.
- To support and facilitate co-operative working across services in accordance with the Council's Vision and Values. To lead on cross-service initiatives as required.
- To assist in ensuring the Team's services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity and health and safety issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- To assist in ensuring effective external and internal working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the work of the service
- To ensure effective and accessible communication with staff, service users, the general public, Solicitors, statutory and partnership organisations and others as appropriate.
- Ensure the effective and efficient implementation the Councils payment and invoice policies.
- Ensure the prompt case allocation to Care Finance Officers to enable them to fulfil their statutory duties.
- b) Functional
- To control and monitor Social Care clients through the financial process, liaise with Case Officers to ensure full and accurate information is received for the completion of financial assessments under National and Local Charging Policies.
- .Allocate caseload to the Care Finance Officers by obtaining all necessary financial paperwork.
- Record clients care package on the Councils Social Care system to ensure accurate recording and payment of services to providers
- Accurately record all Continuing Health care and Funded Nursing Care payments to ensure correct payment and budgetary allocation.
- To be responsible for the batch payment and invoice processes in relation to Residential and Nursing Care and Continuing Health care ensuring processing timescales and deadlines are met. Recording all amendments necessary to ensure the invoices and payments are generated accurately.
- You will resolve all financial queries with clients, family members, financial agents and care providers in relation to payments and invoices for services.
- To produce various management reports, both programmed and specifically requested and provide statistical information from the Social Care Records system. You will undertake periodic data cleansing exercises to ensure the information stored on the record system is accurate and up to date in accordance with Data Protection Act and within Caldicott guidelines.
- To work alongside the Debt Management Officers to ensure the maximisation of income.
- To support the Managers and provide relief cover across the Client Finance Team, commensurate with the grade of the post of financial administration and control.
Skills and Experience:
- To have demonstrated ability to manage and organise a wide range of financial administration functions.
- Substantial experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people in difficult circumstances sympathetically are essential.
- A high standard of numeracy is required together with a proven ability to interpret and comply with statutory and financial regulations.
- To have demonstrated ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision within a complex area.
- To work accurately under high levels of pressures and deadlines with frequent changes of responsibility.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases