£10.23 - £10.74 per hour
over 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Finance Support Officer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
30 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The role will have a specific responsibility for providing of a comprehensive financial service supporting the shared housing finance service, effectively working with staff, cost centre managers, senior managers, external organisations (suppliers / auditors, etc) and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Receivables - Calculation and preparation of invoice requisitions in respect of non-standard or complex housing debts.
* Housing: Raise invoice requests equivalent in respect of sums due for payment in the housing rents system, investigating and allocating income received appropriately
* Housing: Verify data included in write off requests from the housing system, passing those that comply with procedures for authorisation, and subsequent to receiving authorisation, write off in the system General Ledger
* Ensure correct coding of income and expenditure, processing journals and recharges in the general ledger where required
* Produce reports, using the General Ledger reporting tool, for use by the post holder and others
* Verification of General Ledger input and collation of data in agreed format for use by others Cash Management and Banking
* Preparing income summaries / cashbooks to facilitate recording of income in the General Ledger, importing and allocating cash, and reconciling takings 2 Data Entry and Export
* Regular, accurate input or import of financial data and payment information into the relevant corporate or business system
* Regular, accurate export of financial data (and associated administration) from the relevant business system to facilitate reconciliations and interfaces with other internal and external systems
* Financial input into, and reconciliation of databases and spreadsheets Cost Centre Manager Support
* To provide support to housing cost centre managers in relation to payment of their invoices, coding expenditure to appropriate expenditure codes, in accordance with accounting rule and regulations
* Contribute to the year-end process in respect of assigned cost centres to ensure that functions are completed to the agreed deadlines.
* Applying budgetary and audit controls and procedures
* Monitor income and expenditure Statistical Analysis and Reconciliations
* To undertake regular reconciliations between FMS / bank / business systems to confirm the accuracy of monies banked and data recorded in departmental business systems and the main accounting system and subsequent management reports
* Provide statistical, graphical and financial information and reports, including performance indicators General
* Responsibility for the financial administration in relation to housing activity, i.e. the granting of legal access licences, access scheme, tenants' contents insurance, etc.
* Carry out any other duties as required by your line manager from time to time in accordance with the grading of the post.
Skills and Experience:
- Data inputting
- Meeting deadlines
- Developed use of excel for calculations, data management
- Use of computerised financial management system and excel
- High level accuracy and speed data inputting
- Good accounting/financial skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience of office ICT systems including Word, Excel, E-mail and searching for information on the internet
- Experience of specialist ICT systems, i.e. housing, council tax
- Ability to create spreadsheets and manipulate data
- Ability to work to deadlines
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases