£300 - £315 per day
18 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Projects Officer to join our clients offices based in Nuneaton on a temporary contract basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension
As the Finance Projects Officer, your main duties will include:
- To understand all costs to ensure the Council is providing value for money in delivering its services, and to provide valued, high quality, technical advice on financial matters affecting the Council.
- Lead or play a critical supporting role on projects particularly concerning financial implications, in addition to other corporate projects coordinating sometimes multi-disciplinary teams at all levels to achieve positive outcomes and providing solutions.
- To undertake financial analysis and options appraisals of capital and investment decisions and make recommendations to Elected Members and the Corporate Management Team.
- To play a significant role coordinating the annual budget setting process for the General Fund and HRA and ensuring that the council's strategic objectives for financial matters are also met in the medium term through effective planning in conjunction with the Financial Services Manager.
- To support the review and updating of the Housing Revenue Account Business Plan alongside the Financial Services Manager and Director - Housing and Communities
- To complete all relevant statutory financial returns.
To be successful for this Finance Projects Officer post you will need to have:
- Recent experience in a finance environment producing reports using a variety of IT systems and providing high quality technical and detailed advice.
- Experience of developing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and external contacts to achieve service outcomes
- Fully Qualified CCAB (or equivalent) or willing to work towards
- Effectively communicate to deliver a positive reputation through relationships with colleagues and customers
- Establish and promote a customer-focused culture across the service and council
- Drive service improvement through challenging processes and ways of working and undertaking complex option appraisal and sensitivity work.
- Ability to demonstrate a continuous approach to learning and development, keeping abreast of changes affecting
- Local Government finance, by attending relevant seminars, training and undertaking self-learning
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word and other financial systems.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.