£300 - £315 per day
4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Projects Officer to join our clients offices based in Nuneaton on a temporary basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Finance Projects Officer, your main duties will include:
- Be committed to the Council's Vision and carry out work within the spirit and intention of its core values.
- An understanding and awareness of the concept of "Making Every Contact Count" (MECC), attending training where necessary.
- To assist in the production and achievement of the Section's business plan.
- To assist in delivering and reviewing service standards, quality and performance budgets in accordance with the service plan.
- To lead or take an active role on any project or programme as agreed with the Senior Finance Business Partner (Financial Planning).
- To contribute to a creative and open environment within the Section where all employees feel supported, involved and consulted.
To be successful for this Finance Projects Officer post you will need to have:
- Minimum of two years recent experience in a finance environment producing reports using a variety of IT systems and providing high quality advice.
- A high level of understanding of Local Government finance and budgetary work.
- Experience of developing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and external contacts to achieve service outcomes.
- Fully CIPFA qualified (or other similar CCAB qualification) or studying towards.
- Effectively communicate to deliver a positive reputation through relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Establish and promote a customer-focused culture across the service and Council.
- Ability to advise managers and other staff on a variety of finance related issues.
- Drive service improvement through challenging processes and ways of working and undertaking option appraisal and sensitivity work.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word and other financial systems.
- Ability to produce and analyse detailed/complex financial reports (utilising IT systems) to aid decision-making, to be used by a variety of users.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.