£350 - £400 per day
21 days ago
3 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Project Manager to join our busy offices based in Coalville on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £350 - £400 per day.
As the Finance Project Manager, your main duties will include:
- Provide effective project management of a core NWLDC project; the implementation of the corporate finance system and the associated business transformation.
- Support the mapping and benchmarking of user journeys, with a view to generating business efficiency and transformation.
- Capture, present and produce detailed business requirements to support product design and specification.
- Matrix management of internal resources such as Digital Transformation Officers and business area specialists to achieve the project objectives.
- Work alongside the software supplier's project manager(s) and account manager(s), ensuring delivery of the project according to the project plan.
- Manage and maintain the project plan, RAID log, and other key project artefacts, in accordance with project management best practice.
- Provide regularly reporting to the project board(s) via checkpoint, highlight and exception reporting.
- Provide an adaptable approach to project management, transition from traditional to agile delivery dependent on business need.
- Identify and communicate project risks, concerns and issues and escalating to the project board(s).
- Understand, prioritise and manage the changes to scope, timescales, costs and resourcing
To be successful for this Finance Project Manager post you will need to have:
- Experience in project managing finance ICT system related project
- Detailed understanding of the application and deployment of technology in Local Government
- Sufficient technical awareness to identify and specify opportune solutions and engage with technical staff to deliver them
- Capability in mapping and improving user journeys
- Experience in producing requirements and specification to support technical design
- Project management experience and good working knowledge of the principles of PRINCE2, Agile or similar
- Advanced MS Office skills (or equivalent)
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.