£23.45 - £24.62 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Finance Project Manager on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
21.5 Hours per week
Tuesday - Friday
£23.45 - £25.80 p/h
To manage the finance wihtin the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective project management of a core NWLDC project; the re-procurement of a corporate finance system.
- Support the mapping and benchmarking of user journeys, with a view to generating business efficiency and transformation.
- Capture, present and produce detailed business requirements to support product design and specification.
- Lead a procurement exercise on behalf of NWDLC, representing business requirements and facilitating subsequent evaluation and negotiation.
- Support the production of outline costings against specifications to demonstrate return on investment and secure funding.
- Matrix management of internal resources such as business area specialists to achieve the project objectives.
- Work alongside the software supplier's project manager(s) and account manager(s), ensuring delivery of the project according to the project plan.
- Manage and maintain the project plan, RAID log, and other key project artefacts, in accordance with project management best practice.
- Provide regularly reporting to the project board(s) via checkpoint, highlight and exception reporting.
- Provide an adaptable approach to project management, transition from traditional to agile delivery dependent on business need.
- Identify and communicate project risks, concerns and issues and escalating to the project board(s).
- Understand, prioritise and manage the changes to scope, timescales, costs and resourcing.
- To create a team where a culture of excellent customer service is a key focus for all job activities.
- To grow talent and capability in the team by undertaking all employee appraisals timely and effectively, addressing any issues as appropriate.
- To build pride, passion and reputation by creating a Council of excellence through strong motivational leadership.
- To challenge and drive performance to create an excellent service and Council.
- To give presentations to a variety of audiences as required.
- To ensure that financial and corporate governance controls and are implemented whilst seeking areas for ongoing improvement
- To work effectively with elected members as appropriate.
- To assist in the event of a civil emergency in any way as instructedTo promote the Council's Equality and Diversity Policy to ensure service provision and employment practices are non-discriminatory.
- To participate in the Council's appraisal scheme and to undertake any necessary training and development as identified for the job role.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident and articulate.
- Effective influencing skills to achieve desired results.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Creativity and confidence to challenge traditional thinking and ways of working.
- Able to quickly build rapport and maintain effective relationships.
- Aptitude to identify and weigh up options and make recommendations.
- Self-motivated as well as being an effective team player.
- Flexibility in working approach.
- Professional and pragmatic approach.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases