City of London, London
£13 - £14 per hour
20 days ago
2 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Officer to join our client's offices based in Southwark on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 36 hours per week at £13.00 p/h PAYE.
As the Finance Officer, your main duties will include:
- Managing accounts payables and receivables transactions using appropriate systems and ensuring appropriate authorisation,
- Dealing with queries from managers', vendors' and customers' (including service providers/service users), taking appropriate action to resolve.
- Carry out system reconciliations, identifying discrepancies and taking remedial action.
- Participate in the Council's closing of accounts programme.
- Provide information and appropriate financial advice to budget holders and senior officers.
- Participate in the preparation of bids for funding.
- Participate in the preparation of financial information for internal decision making processes, e.g. Committee reports.
- Provide statistical and financial analysis.
- Taking ownership of a group/range of customers or vendors (includes service providers/service users/contractors) and carrying out regular checks of outstanding balances and actions required.
- Reporting suspected fraud and malpractice in line with the Council's Fraud Response Plan. Supporting the investigation of any suspected fraud or malpractice.
To be successful for this Finance Officer post you will need to have:
- SAP Experience
- Debt recovery experience
- MS Office experience
- Office experience
- Credit Control experience
- Accounts payable and receivable transactions.
- Using a computerised financial information system(s) in the delivery of finance functions.
- Effective use of ICT applications in a workplace
- Preparing financial and statistical information to various audiences in the workplace.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.