Up to £9.94 per hour
8 months ago
Our client is seeking an SEN Finance Officer on an initial 1 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Wednesday, 08:45 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £9.94 Per Hour PAYE
To provide business and administrative support across to the Special Educational Needs (SEN) Service. To make sure that the SEN Team complies with corporate procurement, invoicing and supplier payment verification and processing activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To process and co-ordinate all procurement and payment related activity for the SEN Team including raising orders, invoicing and supplier payment verification and processing activities/reconciliations
- Maintain and monitor financial and administrative systems, creating purchase requisitions, requests for payments, mark view, handling payments, to enable supervisors and managers to maintain budgets efficiently and effectively in accordance with financial regulations
- Receive and action requests for services via email, telephone, post or face to face, determining their importance and priority responding directly where possible or in the case of sensitive or complex requests, refer these to a more senior colleague thereby ensuring that service needs are met and business levels are maintained
- To assist with monitoring any Service Level Agreements, making any payments due and monitoring any statistical returns providing these as required
Skills and Experience:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in at least five subjects (at grade C or above) including Mathematics and English
- Relevant NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent
- Sound working knowledge of the Councils Ordering, invoicing and payment systems and procedures
- Experience of working in a financial/administrative environment.
- Proven experience in dealing with customers, providing advice and information on a 1 to 1 basis
- Experience in communicating with vulnerable members of the community and effectively with other organisations.
- Experience of Oracle/Liquidlogic/ Controcc/ Financial systems
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage and monitor workload to competing priorities.
- Ability to cope with change and develop positive approaches in self and others
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.