South East London, London
£13.00 - £13.65 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Finance Officer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The Finance Officer will manage finance and accountancy systems; undertaking a variety of technical tasks which arise in the financial year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing accounts payable and receivables transactions using appropriate systems and ensuring appropriate authorisation,
- Dealing with queries from manager's, vendors' and customer's (including service providers / service users), taking appropriate action to resolve.
- Carry out system reconciliations, identifying discrepancies and taking remedial action.
- Participate in the Council's closing of accounts programme.
- Provide information and appropriate financial advice to budget holders and senior officers.
- Participate in the preparation of bids for funding.
- Participate in the preparation of financial information for internal decision making processes, e.g. Committee reports.
- Provide statistical and financial analysis.
- Taking ownership of a group / range of customers or vendors (includes service providers / service users / contractors) and carrying out regular checks of outstanding balances and actions required.
- Reporting suspected fraud and malpractice in line with the Council's Fraud response Plan. Supporting the investigation of any suspected fraud or malpractice.
Skills and Experience:
- Educational achievements to the level of 5 GCSEs or equivalent.
- Currently working towards a professional accountancy qualification relevant to public finance.
- Knowledge of local government finance.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of
- Accounts payable and receivable transactions.
- Using computerised financial information system(s) in the delivery of finance functions.
- Effective use of ICT applications in a workplace
- Preparing financial and statistical information to various audiences in the workplace.
- Able to analyse basic financial data and reports.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Good communication and written skills.
- Knowledge of how equal opportunities apply in an administrative/ finance service
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases