Up to £27.11 per hour + Excellent Benefits
25 days ago
3 months +
This is an Interim opportunity for a Senior Finance Manager to support the opening of a new SEND School.
It's a challenging time for Local Authorities and none more so than those with responsibility for Children's Services.
Nationally, there are pressures right across the spectrum of Children's Services, including on the High Needs Block of the Dedicated Schools Grant.
Our client is no exception, and the pressures on Children's Services budgets means that every penny spent must be well controlled and deliver exceptional value for money as it is critical to delivering provision for the county's children and young people.
- But you'll know all of this already because you're already highly experienced in the area and have a track record of success, working in a Business Partner role to support Children's Services Directors and their senior teams. You'll be familiar with working in a challenging environment against a backdrop of funding constraints which have been well documented across the sector in recent years.
- You'll have experience of leading and managing a team of finance professionals to support all aspects of the Children's Services budget and you'll thrive on building a positive relationship with the Director and being an integral and respected member of his leadership team.
- We're looking for an exceptional interim candidate, a CIMA/CCAB qualified accountant, to lead the team and play a key part in reorganisation until May 2019, when the new Council Finance Team will take shape. In this period there'll be plenty to do and lots to deliver.
- You will also be experienced in computerised business applications especially accounting systems and spreadsheets, be a team leader of strategic planning of financial objectives.
- Pay rate is negotiable inside IR35, for the right Group Finance Manager (Business Partner).
- Please also note that the role requires a Basic DBS valid within 12 months.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.