Manchester, Greater Manchester
£17.76 - £18.65 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Finance Controller on an initial 5 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
This role manages the end-to-end accounting process across the Corporate teams including month and year end close, and ensures consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes in line with accounting practices and corporate policies.
This role will focus on GIS accounting and financial support for IT contracts. It will also support other areas of the UK Finance Controller team as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the financial month end process. Accountable to the UK Finance Controller for the pre-closing and month end closing steps, including maintenance of accounting records. As part of this, the role will also be responsible for review and monitoring all accounting transactions and adjustments (accruals, deferrals and provisions, inter company accounting).
- Management of payments to IT suppliers.
- Cash flow forecasting and reporting across the contracts and activities.
- Ensuring the performance of reconciliations of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards.
- Reviewing reconciliations for all control accounts within the Corporate area to balance sheet accounts and ensure that any issues are addressed, all differences highlighted in the reconciliations are fully investigated and all remedial and preventative action have been taken.
- Supporting work with external auditors on corporate programmes and be the first port of call for financial queries from auditors. Coordinate the provision of information to internal/external auditors. Monitor and report progress against audit recommendations.
- Developing and embedding effective finance process, standards, templates, tools and systems which provide an effective framework for the provision of financial support services to programmes and contracts.
- Provide advice on technical accounting issues, and liaise with other specialist finance functions such as Tax and Treasury as needed.
- Complete L1 Minimum Financial Control Framework for GIS (and other areas as required).
- Identify and resolve issues with financial accounting.
- Oversee requests for new Master Data items (Profit Centre, Cost Centre, WBS, etc) and continual monitoring thereafter to ensure that the integrity of finance is maintained.
- Ensure operations fully comply with the Travel and Expenses Policy and that claims are submitted promptly and accurately with relevant documentation.
- Manage the process of recharges once the process has been initiated by the business and provide advice and support on inter company accounting.
- Manage capital assets additions, disposals and depreciation.
- Provide Finance Control activities and financial support to GIS as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Financial Control and meeting deadlines.
- Experience of managing a diverse group of stakeholders in multiple locations.
- Experience of an ERP system.
- Experience of Microsoft tools including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Share point.
- Excellent communication skills - experience of conveying complex financial information in an easy to understand way.
- Working in international and multi-cultural organisations.
- Experience of working with senior managers and stakeholder engagement.
- Flexibility, independence and initiative to perform successfully in a rapidly changing environment.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases