£28 - £31 per hour
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join our busy offices based in St Albans on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £30.00 p/h.
As the Finance Business Partner, your main duties will include:
- Provide high level financial advice and information, contributing to overall strategic and operational developments in a range of designated services.
- Budget Planning and Monitoring in relation to revenue and capital
- Financial evaluations
- Financial research and policy development
- Business Partner/Budget Holder relationships
- Responsible for the accounting, budgeting and reporting arrangements for designated areas of the Council's revenue and capital programmes
- Analysis and interpretation of changes in legislation and accounting requirements ensuring compliance with CIPFA's Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting, the Prudential Code for Capital Finance
- Support the Finance Manager Systems and Controls and the Team Leader Controls in the preparation of the Statutory Accounts.
- Support the Deputy Chief Executive (Finance and Legal) with the preparation of the Finance Strategy including the Medium-Term Financial Strategy, HRA Business Plan, Capital Strategy and any associated strategies.
- To be responsible for the production of budget management reports to enable them to be presented to Budget Managers; Corporate Management Team; Cabinet; and, Overview and Scrutiny Committees in accordance with agreed timescales.
- To actively engage in the support programme to the Deputy Chief Executive (Finance and Legal) in relation to the annual budget cycle
- Support the development and implementation of systems, procedures and information processes in order to improve the level of financial support provided to the council.
- Carry out systematic benchmarking of council services and operations against other service providers, other councils and key performance indicators in order to inform managers and drive up council performance.
- Contribute to the management of the team of Finance Business Partners and support staff.
To be successful for this Finance Business Partner post you will need to have:
- Educated to degree or evidence of degree level ability of education through work experience and relevant experience of working in a financial services environment at a higher level
- Membership of appropriate professional body (CCAB or AAT) or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Up to date working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, standards and core disciplines of work areas; medium and long term planning, budget preparation and monitoring, service costing and SeRCOP, fees and charges, variance analysis.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.