£20.00 - £21.00 per hour
2 months ago
Our client is seeking a Finance Business Partner on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £20.00 P/H PAYE
To represent the Senior Finance Business Partner (Financial Planning) and champion excellent management of financial resources, promoting probity, efficiency, high performance and overall value for money. Ensure that officers and members are provided with high quality strategic advice and direction on financial strategies, policy, standards and practices, enabling services to make timely and well-informed decisions in the knowledge of the impact those decisions will have financially on the Council. Drive the delivery of productivity and efficiency improvement and cost reduction plans across the Council and the identification and securing of new funding streams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be committed to the Council's Vision and carry out work within the spirit and intention of its core values
- To assist in the production and achievement of the Section's business plan.
- To assist in delivering and reviewing service standards, quality and performance budgets in accordance with the service plan.
- To lead or take an active role on any project or programme as agreed with the Senior Finance Business Partner (Financial Planning).
- To contribute to a creative and open environment within the Section where all employees feel supported, involved and consulted.
- To represent the Section in meetings and other fora, creating and maintaining links with relevant outside organisations and presenting a positive internal and external image of the Council.
- To make use of the technology available to improve communication and financial reporting.
- To carry out all the work within the spirit and intent of relevant legislation and Council policies and procedures e.g. Equal opportunities, Health and Safety, Customer care etc.
- To undertake personal development commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the job.
- To network and develop partnerships with employees, members and the trades unions.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of two years recent experience in a finance environment producing reports using a variety of IT systems and providing high quality advice
- A high level of understanding of Local Government finance and budgetary work.
- Experience of developing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and external contacts to achieve service outcomes.
- Identifying opportunities to develop financial systems and processes.
- Experience of producing high quality and accurate financial reports for management information.
- Fully CIPFA qualified (or other similar CCAB qualification) or studying towards.
- Effectively communicate to deliver a positive reputation through relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Ability to advise managers and other staff on a variety of finance related issues.
- Drive service improvement through challenging processes and ways of working and undertaking option appraisal and sensitivity work.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word and other financial systems.
- Good analytic skills for interpreting information from a variety of sources.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases