£15.36 - £16.13 per hour
14 days ago
Our client is seeking a Finance Business Partner on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay rates: £15.36 p/h PAYE
- To represent the Head of Financial Services and champion excellent management of financial resources, promoting probity, efficiency, high performance and overall value for money.
- Ensure that officers and members are provided with high quality strategic advice and direction on financial strategies, policy, standards and practices, enabling services to make timely and well-informed decisions in the knowledge of the impact those decisions will have financially on the Council.
- Drive the delivery of productivity and efficiency improvement and cost reduction plans across the Council and the identification and securing of new funding streams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be committed to the Council's Vision and carry out work within the spirit and intention of its core values.
- An understanding and awareness of the concept of "Making Every Contact Count" (MECC), attending training where necessary.
- To assist in the production and achievement of the Financial Services Sections business plan.
- To assist in delivering and reviewing service standards, quality and performance in accordance with the service plan.
- To lead or take a lead role in any project or programme as agreed with the Head of Financial Services.
- To contribute to a creative and open environment within Financial Services where all employees feel supported, involved and consulted.
- To represent the Financial Services Section in meetings and other fora, proactively seeking and maintaining links with relevant outside organisations and presenting a positive internal and external image of the Council.
- To make use of the technology available to improve communication and financial reporting.
- To carry out all the work within the spirit and intent of relevant legislation and Council policies and procedures e.g. Equal opportunities, Health and Safety, Customer care etc.
- To work in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To undertake personal development commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the job.
- To network and develop partnerships with employees, members, external organisations and the trades unions.
- To manage, develop, monitor and appraise those officers for whom you have direct responsibility and to ensure that all employees within the Section are treated likewise.
- To assist on specific corporate projects which will change over time.
- To understand all costs to ensure the council is providing value for money in delivering its services, and to provide valued, high quality, technical advice on financial matters affecting the Council.
- To be a critical supporting role to the Head of Financial Services on significant projects particularly concerning complex financial modelling and long term financial implications, in addition to other corporate projects coordinating sometimes multi-disciplinary teams at all levels to achieve positive outcomes and providing solutions.
- To undertake financial analysis and evaluation of potential contractors and service providers as part of the Council's procurement procedures and to report findings to the Procurement Services Team.
- To play a significant role assisting the Head of Financial Services in the closure of the Council's annual accounts, the creation of the core financial statements and the production of the Statement of Accounts and associated notes for submission to the Council's external auditor.
- To monitor and undertake analysis of the immediate and medium term budgetary impact of Non-Domestic Rates (NDR) income , including being the finance representative of the Warwickshire & Coventry Business Rates pool.
- To assess applications for the councils Non-Domestic Rates Local Discount Scheme as and when received, making appropriate recommendations to management.
- To review any changes to accounting regulations and International Accounting Standards and make recommendations to the Head of Financial Services to ensure compliance with requirements.
- To train and develop staff on technical accounting queries.
- To attend and represent the Financial Services section at Committee meetings if required.
- To undertake such other duties appropriate to the grading of the post.
Skills And Experience:
- Recent & relevant experience in a finance environment producing reports using a variety of IT systems and providing high quality technical and detailed advice.
- A high level understanding of Local Government finance policies and legislation.
- Experience of developing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and external contacts to achieve service outcomes.
- Experience of producing high quality and accurate financial reports for management information
- Ability to effectively manage a small productive team.
- Ability to develop and deliver finance training programmes to finance and non-finance staff.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word and other financial systems.
- Ability to produce and understand detailed/complex financial reports (utilising IT systems) to aid decision-making, to be used by a variety of users.
- Ability to demonstrate a continuous approach to learning and development, keeping abreast of changes affecting
- Local Government finance, by attending relevant seminars, training and undertaking self-learning.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases