£7.38 - £7.83 per hour
15 days ago
Our client is seeking a Finance Assistant to join their offices based in Ilkeston on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of extension.
As the Finance Assistant, you will be required to deliver an effective and efficient service for the financial assessment of applications to the Derbyshire Discretionary Fund. Your main duties will include:
- Undertake thorough and consistent financial assessments of applications to the Derbyshire Discretionary Fund in line with departmental policies and guidance.
- Assist in the administration process of successful applications to ensure prompt and accurate awards/payments are made. In this respect the accurate and timely maintenance of payments systems will be required.
- To ensure that applicants' records are maintained in an effective manner.
- To provide advice and information to regarding the DDF process to applicants, their representatives and to staff, to assist with the delivery of an effective service.
- To liaise with professionals and colleagues from external agencies to gather information, convey decisions, and build wider understanding of the work of the Discretionary Fund.
- Have an awareness of national welfare benefits legislation and procedures
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the local "wider provision" that might be appropriately available to applicants.
To be successful for this post, you will need to have:
- Broad administration or finance experience
- Have effective team working skills
- Experience of dealing with members of the public with sensitivity and tact
- Decision making in complex but well-structured framework
- Using information technology systems for data recording
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Time management/prioritisation
Your working hours will be Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 17:00
Start date: ASAP
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases