£14.88 - £15.62 per hour
9 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Filming And Special Events Assistant to join our clients offices based in West End on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Filming And Special Events Assistant, your main duties will include:
- Assist in providing a single point of contact at nominated events and filming activities responsible for the co-ordination of all council services deployed or affected by the activity in planning regimes, on the day and after each activity to ensure feedback to partner agencies and the activity organisers.
- Generate income from any permitted sources to ensure that full and applicable costs are recovered.
- Represent the Council at events and filming operations held within the Borough and ensure that other bodies are aware of the Council's powers and responsibilities. This may include working unsocial hours from time to time.
- Assist in implementing strategies, procedures and guidelines, which will develop the filming and special events service in a co-ordinated and strategic manner, by close liaison with the Metropolitan Police, other Local Authorities and Film London in particular.
- Help to implement marketing strategies that will promote and advance the service and Council aims and objectives.
- Help to develop the service in a manner that promotes the Council as a primary location for staging events and as a location for filming.
To be successful for this Filming And Special Events Assistant post you will need to have:
- Experience of filming or events management
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Excellent standard of written and verbal communication
- Strong customer service skills on the phone and face to face
- Must be literate and numerate
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as within a team.
- Ability to gather and collate information from a range of sources under a much pressurised environment and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work flexibly and to embrace new challenges and adapt to change. Ability to do occasional work outside normal hours.
- Competent keyboard skills and working knowledge of office systems (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Internet.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and within changing priorities
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.