£14.46 - £15.18 per hour
5 months ago
Our client has an excellent opportunity for a Family Support Worker to join them in their offices based in Oxford on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of extension.
As a Family Support Worker, your duties will include:
- Offer crisis support to children and families in the community.
- Offering parenting advice to parents.
- Offering therapeutic intervention to children in the community i.e. protective behaviour work.
- Covering in our residential homes when needed.
- Supporting children without placement in the community in hotel and rented accommodation.
- To be part of the efficient and effective delivery of support services to children, young people and their families to ensure placement stability, prevent unnecessary entry into the LAC system and rehabilitate children to their families. Support young people (for whom a return home is not possible) towards positive independent placements.
- Provide crisis responses using a spectrum of interventions with families of children/young people at risk of imminent breakdown, under the direction of the central REoC Snr Practitioner, this will include outdoor learning/interventions.
- Use a positive risk management approach when implementing short term crisis supports both in and out of county, which is flexible and bespoke to the needs of the child and family.
To be successful for this Family Support Worker post, you will need to:
- Be able to manage children and families in heightened emotional states
- Have risk assessment and management skills
- Have accurate report writings skills
- Be able to follow polices and procedures
- Have experience of offering parenting support in the community
Your working hours will be Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 21:00, 37 hours p/w (shift pattern) - alternate weekends + some overnight work
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: £14.46 p/h
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.