£9.50 - £9.98 per hour
30 days ago
We have an excellent opportunity for a Family Support Worker to join our client's offices based in Tamworth on a temporary contract basis for 4 months with the possibility of extension.
Our client is one of the largest local authorities in the UK and provides a broad range of services to its citizens. They are at the start of a significant transformation agenda to improve the way they ensure positive outcomes for all of the communities and citizens of, working in partnership with all public sector organizations across the County.
As the Family Support Worker, your main duties will include:
- To provide transport and escort children and their families to a variety of situations including contact visits, school, medical appointments, meetings and social activities working under the direct guidance of the case holding social worker.
- Under guidance to organize and supervise children's contact visits with their families.
- To provide practical support to families and carers.
- To support children and young people in a range of social and recreational activities in the community.
- Together with colleagues to provide care, supervision, and activities for children whilst their parents or carers are attending groups or meetings.
- In respect of Looked After Children, to complete Life Story Work and prepare young people for new placements.
- To support families and young people where there is a risk of placement breakdown.
To be successful for the role of Family Support Worker, you will need to have:
- Basic literacy and numeracy qualifications
- Experience of direct work with vulnerable children
- An understanding of the needs of children who have experienced family difficulties
- An understanding of the effect of disadvantage and discrimination on children and their families
- An understanding of how children are safeguarded
- An awareness of the key pieces of legislation which govern children's safeguarding and welfare
- An awareness of the work of other agencies
Please note: An Enhanced DBS (including Children's Barred List Check) is required for this position.
Your working hours will be: Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 17:00
Pay rate: £9.50 p/h
Start date: ASAP
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases