£17.99 - £18.89 per hour
12 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Family Learning Tutor to join our clients offices based in Sleaford on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Family Learning Tutor, your main duties will include:
To plan, prepare and deliver accredited and non-accredited Family Learning courses using schemes of work, session plans and a variety of methods and approaches to enable and support learning. -
- To carry out and record initial and on-going assessment in order to identify learning and support needs, progress and achievement. -
- To assist learners in setting realistic outcomes and record these in their Learning Diary.
- To teach using a variety of relevant teaching and learning methods to enable and support individual learning.
- To produce course resources and materials appropriate to the needs of learners. - To develop and embed Functional Skills into teaching sessions.
- To work with learners to promote regular attendance, punctuality and progression to further learning and volunteering opportunities.
- To monitor, assess, give regular, clear and constructive feedback and record the progress and achievement of learners.
To be successful for this Family Learning Tutor post you will need to have:
- The post holder will require excellent personal and social skills, communications skills and an ability to work with confidence across designated curriculum areas. Be prepared to attend in service training and keep up to date with development in the field. To work across a defined geographical area. To be able to work well under pressure, to be flexible in their approach and to be motivational and able to enthuse learners.
- The post holder will have an advanced level of specialist knowledge, expertise and skills relating to education. Not only will they have a significant input into how the work is undertaken but will have significant control over how the work is delivered.
- Much of this will be based on experience of working in the Lifelong Learning Sector. In addition the post holder will be educated to degree level or vocational equivalent, have an approved teaching qualification, minimum Level 5 (Cert Ed/DTLLS), and appropriate subject specialism where required, and have at least 3 years experience within the Sector.
- The post holder will be able to work on their own initiative and deliver high quality learning programmes to the requirements of Ofsted's Common Inspection Framework.
Enhances DBS Required
12 hours per week
Tuesday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.