£11.61 - £12.19 per hour
4 months ago
We have an excellent opportunity for a Family and Engagement Worker Worker to join our client's offices based in Biddulph on a temporary contract basis for a month with the possibility of extension.
Our client is one of the largest local authorities in the UK and provides a broad range of services to its citizens. They are at the start of a significant transformation agenda to improve the positive outcomes for all of the communities and citizens, working in partnership with all public sector organisations across the County.
As the Family and Education Engagement Worker, your main duties will include:
- To work with children, their families and carers to ensure that children are supported to fulfil their potential.
- Support parent and education providers and respond to their needs in engaging positively with children and young people's learning and development.
- To actively engage children, young people and their parents/carers to ensure appropriate access to early and statutory education is secured and maintained.
- Engage with families to complete direct work with children and young people to promote healthy lifestyles, positive peer/family relationships and safe parenting to develop a good understanding of their culture/community identity.
- To develop and maintain effective partnership working with children, young people and their families and ensure that they are listened to, whilst valuing diversity and background. That the intervention provided is timely, co-ordinated and flexible to meet the changing needs/demands of individuals concerned, at the earliest opportunity.
- Work persistently and assertively with families and other agencies to assess, provide or co-ordinate targeted support.
- To undertake the completion of relevant assessments under the direction of a social worker, senior practitioner, Team Co-ordinator or Manager and where relevant involve and refer to specialist safeguarding services.
To be successful for the role of Family and Education Engagement Worker, you will need to have:
- A minimum of 2 years experience working directly with children their families or carers in any relevant setting
- Ability to effect change in difficult circumstances
- An understanding of the necessity for the content of Safeguarding, Welfare and Education
- Minimum standard of NVQ 3 in respect of working with children and their families or equivalent
Please note: You must have an Enhanced DBS issued within the last 12 months
Your working hours will be Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 17:00
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: £11.61 p/h
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases