£22.11 - £23.22 per hour
5113122 / 19-00760_1568370096
11 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Facilities Manager to join our clients offices based in Watford on a temporary contract basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Facilities Manager, your main duties will include:
- To manage the day to day running of the Town Hall Complex and related operational buildings and assets as required by the Council.
- To procure, manage and monitor all soft service and hard service contracts that are required to ensure the Town Hall Complex and other operational buildings are kept clean, secure and well maintained and meet Health and Safety Requirements.
- To ensure all Council operational assets are maintained and are always fully compliant with statutory regulation.
- To manage a team of three FM Multi-Skilled Operatives.
- To manage the accommodation requirements of Council employees.
- To manage, in conjunction with the Council's Parking Service, the Town Hall staff and visitors car parks, including management of all accesses and egresses to and from the site.
- To liaise with the Council tenants, 3rd parties, external stakeholders and any other future tenants / service providers regarding their shared usage of the Council operational buildings to ensure that employees, members and customers are able to access the Town Hall and other buildings.
- To provide such soft and hard planned and reactive FM services as are required by the Council, including security, cleaning, maintenance, space/room management, courier, management of utilities for the Town Hall and associated buildings.
To be successful for this Facilities Manager post you will need to have:
- Expert knowledge of asset and facilities management across a number of sectors including local authority.
- Detailed technical knowledge relating M&E maintenance and wider statutory compliance.
- Detailed technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical and HVAC systems.
- Detailed knowledge of technical maintenance standards.
- Detailed knowledge of modern procurement and contract and project management processes and procedures.
- An understanding of the operational building requirements of a small district council.
- Detailed knowledge of IoT and the value of data analytic and management of information for performance reporting.
- Detailed QHSE knowledge for operational environments.
- Conflict management skills to diffuse challenging situations and ensure service delivery.
- Member of the Institute or Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM), associated professional group, and an accredited professional qualification in facilities, property, building management or equivalent.
- Significant demonstrable experience in a similar role involving facilities, property and or building management.
- Dedicated experience in managing a team of technical skilled staff, increasing productivity and delivery high performing teams.
- Experience in designing and delivering FM services across operational public buildings.
- Experience in developing planned preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance strategies and operational deliverable.
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Pay Rate: £22.11 p/h
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.