£11.14 - £11.70 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Facilities Assistant on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To support the delivery of safe, secure and productive working environments for the council staff, customers and visitors, and the provision of property solutions which meet business requirements.
Duities and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the delivery of improvements to the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of the Council's global estate;
- Supporting the delivery of safe, secure and productive working environments for British Council staff and customers, and property solutions which meet business requirements.
This will be achieved through the following:
- Implementation of Estates Strategy and property and facilities management (P&FM) function - To work collaboratively with other GE colleagues to implement the Estates Strategy for the management of the BC global estate, and to contribute to the collective delivery of GE's property and facilities management (P&FM) function as required.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Council's Estates Strategy as relevant to team and individual job role and to level of responsibility.
- Contribute to the implementation and collective delivery of relevant GE policies, performance indicators and service standards to produce demonstrable improvements in GE's service and performance.
- Contribute to the GE team's collective working, sharing of information and communication.
- Cross-cover with other peer colleagues as required ensuring efficient and effective workflow amongst other Document Services Assistants and the wider GE team.
- Operational service delivery - To deliver the specific despatch and document services within the GE team (see duties 5, 6 & 7 below), ensuring that these are cost-effective, efficient and responsive to the British Council's changing business needs.
- Deliver despatch and document services in accordance with GE's agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) so as to meet customer needs and British Council operational business requirements at the relevant British Council office location.
- Seek to actively improve value for money and levels of customer satisfaction with despatch and document services as measured by agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Deliver despatch and document services in accordance with the British Council's policies, and to comply with relevant legislation on health and safety, fire, security and risk management.
- Deliver despatch and document services in accordance with the British Council's policies on environmental management and in a manner which seeks to minimise environmental impact.
- Business relationship management - To maintain regular and open communications with customers and stakeholders of GE's document services and to act on feedback received to improve GE's service delivery.
- Respond to individual staff, customer and visitor queries (in person, via email or telephone) in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide accurate, up-to-date and timely information on any changes or developments to despatch and document services to GE customers and stakeholders.
- Participate in GE User Groups across the British Council's UK estate as required, to assist with the collection and response to user feedback on GE's despatch and customer services.
- Assist with the implementation of an annual Staff Survey on the quality of and satisfaction with GE services as required.
- Assist with and contribute to regular reviews of the appropriateness of GE services, systems and procedures to ensure that the services are meeting and aligned with British Council business needs.
Skills and Experience:
- Will have worked successfully in a customer-facing service delivery role.
- Will have worked successfully in a role that required prioritisation of immediate and competing demands, whilst maintaining excellent levels of customer service
Generic Skill: Marketing and Customer Service Level 1 - In particular:
- Responding to customer needs.
- Building strong relationships which add value to the United Kingdom.
- Obtaining and evaluating feedback.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Ability to communicate practical skills and knowledge.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases