Worthing, West Sussex
£9.55 - £10.70 per hour + PAYE
about 1 month ago
2 weeks +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Exchequer Services Assistant to join our busy offices based in Worthing on a temporary basis for 2 weeks with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £9.55 p/h.
As the Exchequer Services Assistant, your main duties will include:
- To assist with the processing of sundry debtors and creditors invoices.
- To maintain customer's and supplier's standing details to facilitate correct processing of debtor and creditor invoices
- To input entries for manual payments and amounts debited directly to the Council's bank account to prevent system cheques being generated in respect of the invoices processed for these payments.
- Enveloping and dispatch of remittance advice's/ cheques and Sundry Debtor Invoices
- Dealing with supplier, a customer of other council employee enquiries by phone, in person or in writing in order to ensure invoices are processed correctly and in accordance with approved procedures and timetables.
- Providing assistance in the collation of statistical information or performance of other tasks as may be necessary from time to time in accordance with the direction and supervision of the Exchequer Manager.
- To provide high standards of care to internal and external customers, to comply with Corporate Council Policies, and with any requirements under the Freedom of Information and Data Protection Acts.
- To undertake any duties with regard to health & safety at work and the Council's equal opportunities and customer care policies.
- To assist with the invoicing and recovery of miscellaneous income debts.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.