West End, London
£13 - £15 per hour + PAYE/Umbrella
18 days ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Events Manager to join our busy offices based in Kensington on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 36 hours per week, at £13 p/h PAYE.
As the Events Manager, your main duties will include:
- Ensure personal targets are met on a monthly basis by ensuring that all client correspondences are clear and concise; that regular liaison with assigned clients are undertaken to facilitate the timely collation; review and approval of event specifications including logistics, floor plans, RAMs, catering waiver certification and all third party hire.
- To ensure all fees have been applied, received and cleared through finance prior to the event date and to further undertake client account reconciliations through the financial systems for payment verification.
- To administer telephone payments and respond to direct enquiries through the caller group system.
- To be responsible for producing a detailed schedule of events, every third week for review and discussion with the Operations and Logistics teams during planning meetings.
- To be proficient in raising purchase orders, invoices, credit notes through the financial systems.
- On event day(s) ensure client requirements are met in accordance to the schedule, including; checking that the venue is prepared in line with floorplans; ensure equipment and services are in good working order and where equipment or merchandise has been supplied by the client or third party contractor ensure safety standards are upheld and in particular ensure these articles do not obstruct emergency exit routes.
- Ensure all personnel abide by the terms and conditions of hire and code of conduct whilst on-site, by undertaking a regular and routine walk through the event and touching base with the hirer.
- Undertake and ensure that a pre-event fire health & safety check in undertaken in addition to a dilapidation inspection tour both pre and post-event. Always ensure the venue and catering facilities are left in a clean and orderly manner.
- Regularly liaise with the client and their third party suppliers throughout their tenancy as appropriate, ensuring all is in order and to support the smooth running of their event.
- Promptly address any issues with the client or third party on the day, escalating matters to a senior manager, as appropriate.
- Promptly report defective fixtures and fittings to the Council's Facilities Management team.
- Effectively record any accidents or injury in addition to notifying the Conference and Events Manager.
- Manage any lost property by liaising with the hirer and effectively record details within the lost property register
- To undertake basic AV technical support including connecting laptops to projectors, installation and setup of radio and wired microphones, set sound levels in various areas and undertake basic troubleshooting.
- To support the day to day management and maintenance of the electronic diary Priava, ensuring information is logged accurately and client notes are updated regularly. To also ensure all relevant correspondences and financials are stored in the client's relevant job bag and Priava folders, as applicable.
- Support the Sales team with client show-rounds, ensuring tours are professional, engaging and promote the competitive benefits of RBKC's venues.
- To assist in processing third party commission-based accounts (such as lighting and equipment hire and catering commissions), you will be responsible for chasing commission-based invoices from suppliers, checking calculations, raising percentage-based invoices and maintaining general accounts of transactions.
To be successful for this Events Manager post you will need to have:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's including English language and mathematics
- Either working toward or gained a qualification appropriate to the events and hospitality industry
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in the events industry with the front of house experience.
- Demonstrate a strong level of computer literacy within Windows-based software including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Have a good working knowledge of Priava or similar rooms booking systems.
- First-class customer care expertise
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to schedule and prioritise tasks
- Ability to 'close' a deal.
- Knowledge of technical AV, lighting and IT support systems
- General training in Fire Safety
- First Aid Training
- General finance skills, including generating invoices, credit notes, preparing quotations and making calculations for deposits, reductions and debt management
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.