Leeds, West Yorkshire
£16.04 - £20.46 per hour
11 days ago
6 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Events Manager to join our client's offices based in Leeds on a temporary contract basis for months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £16.04 p/h PAYE.
As the Events Manager, your main duties will include:
- To take a lead role in delivering the Leeds City Region (LCR) presence at the property and investment conference MIPIM. Activity will include developing the events programme, securing private sector sponsorship and managing the LCR delegation in order to promote the region to national and international audiences.
- To plan and deliver multiple initiatives undertaken by the Trade and Investment team including SMART Cities.
- Matrix working will be a key element of this role with close working required across the Trade and Investment and Marketing and Communications teams.
- Taking a matrix approach to delivery with a particular focus on the project management of LCR's presence at the MIPIM property and investment conference in France in March
- Using market awareness, research and identify private sector sponsorship targets.
- Build strong relationships to generate private sector sponsorship in excess of £300,000.
- Engage directly with Local Authority partners to collate investment opportunities and shape the programme content.
- Use market awareness to create a compelling and topical events programme, including securing prominent speakers, which positions and promotes the city region positively and memorably to potential investors. Programme activity will include presentations, panel sessions and networking events.
- Use market intelligence and investment databases to identify audience targets for LCR events.
- Manage the event invitations process to secure the presence of our target audience at LCR activities.
- Work with exhibition suppliers to coordinate the LCR stand build and installation including managing the shipping and logistics of exhibition collateral.
- Organise and manage regular meetings and briefings with the LCR public and private sector delegation.
- Manage day to day finances of MIPIM budget including raising PO requests and sponsorship invoices
- Book travel, transfers and accommodation for the WYCA/LEP team.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of initiatives to promote LCR trade and inward investment opportunities regionally, nationally and internationally across specific priority sectors and related markets.
- To use insight to shape future initiatives ensuring that positive outcomes are achieved and return on investment delivered, analysing conversion rates to make recommendations for increasing impact.
To be successful for this Events Manager post you will need to have:
- Working knowledge of the property development market at a regional and national level.
- Delivering projects and initiatives, sometimes within limited timeframes.
- Forms networks across a wide range of private and public sector stakeholders.
- Ability to implement and evaluate methods of targeting sponsors, partners and leads.
- Experience of making compelling business cases/ reports to a range of audiences.
- Ability to quickly anticipate challenges, analyse risks and initiate solutions.
- Ability to continually shape and refine operation delivery processes and to share recommendations with colleagues.
- Able to communicate to stakeholders, including briefing senior representatives and influence to support the needs of a project using appropriate communication channels.
- Proven experience of confidently and professionally conveying information both written and oral in a clear, concise and persuasive style.
- Comprehensive experience of leading, negotiating and influencing stakeholders.
- Experienced in forming and developing effective senior-level working relationships with Members, Government and partner organisations to achieve the best outcomes for the organisation.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.