West End, London
£15.00 - £15.75 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Events Manager on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Sunday
- To support the Senior Events Manager in the delivery of the conference and event's business objectives.
- To assist in raising the profile of the conference and events brand by ensuring all lines of enquires and customer services are processed to the highest standard and within the businesses KPIs. To further ensure client and third party supplier relationships are managed professionally in a welcoming and supportive working environment.
- To be the primary contact and co-ordinate for all assigned events, ensuring accurate and detailed collation of client schedules. To develop a strong work base knowledge of the venues and their services, in order to direct and advise clients on best practices to enhance and ensure their event run smoothly whilst complying with the terms and conditions of hire and safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure personal targets are met on a monthly basis by ensuring that all client correspondences are clear and concise; that regular liaison with assigned clients are undertaken to facilitate the timely collation; review and approval of event specifications including: logistics, floor plans, RAMs, catering waiver certification and all third party hire.
- To ensure all fees have been applied, received and cleared through finance prior to the event date and to further undertake client account reconciliations through the financial systems for payment verification.
- To administer telephone payments and respond to direct enquiries through the caller group system.
- To be responsible for producing a detailed schedule of events, every third week for review and discussion with the Operations and Logistics teams during planning meetings.
- To be proficient in raising purchase orders, invoices, credit notes through the financial systems.
- On event day(s) ensure client requirements are met in accordance to the schedule, including; checking that the venue is prepared in line with floor plans; ensure equipment and services are in good working order and where equipment or merchandise has been supplied by the client or third party contractor ensure safety standards are up-held and in particular ensure these articles do not obstruct emergency exit routes.
- Ensure all personnel abide by the terms and conditions of hire and code of conduct whilst on site.
- Undertake and ensure that dilapidation inspection tours are carried out with the client pre and post-event, whilst ensuring that the venue and catering facilities are left in a clean and orderly manner.
- Regularly liaise with the client and their third party suppliers throughout their tenancy as appropriate, ensuring all is in order and to support the smooth running of their event.
- Promptly address any issues with the client or third party on the day, escalating matters to a senior manager, as appropriate.
- Promptly report defective fixtures and fittings to the Council's Facilities Management team.
- Effectively record any accidents or injury in addition to notifying the Conference and Events Manager.
- Manage any lost property by liaising with the hirer and effectively record details within the lost property register.
- To undertake basic AV technical support including connecting laptops to projectors, installation and setup of radio and wired microphones, set sound levels in various areas and undertake basic troubleshooting.
- To support the day to day management and maintenance of the electronic diary Priava, ensuring information is logged accurately and client notes are updated regularly. To also ensure all relevant correspondences and financial's are stored in the client's relevant job bag and Priava folders, as applicable.
- Support the Sales team with client show-rounds, ensuring tours are professional, engaging and promote the competitive benefits of RBKC's venues.
- To assist in processing third party commission based accounts (such as lighting and equipment hire and catering commissions), you will be responsible for chasing commission based invoices from suppliers, checking calculations, raising percentage based invoices and maintaining general accounts of transactions.
- Draft clear and concise correspondences to clients as required, and to further take minutes at team and other related business meetings.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in the events industry with front of house experience.
- Demonstrate a strong level of computer literacy within Windows based software including: Outlook, Word and Excel. Have a good working knowledge of Priava or similar rooms booking systems.
- Ability to deal face to face with senior managers, directors and dignitaries from within and outside the Council
- Confident and persuasive communicator.
- Outstanding oral and written communications.
- A pleasant and efficient telephone manner.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases