£18.03 - £18.93 per hour
14 days ago
Our client is seeking a Estates Surveyor on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The purpose of the post of Estates Surveyor is to assist in the provision of Property Services to the Council with an emphasis on Valuation.
The post holder will act as a member of the team to which they are allocated. He/she will take a high degree of personal responsibility for carrying out difficult and challenging tasks as an Estates Surveyor providing general practice Surveyor/Valuer duties.
As a member of the team he/she will contribute to the general management, development and review of the Team and Unit. This will be done both in terms of services provided and staff, in accordance with the Council's Visions and Values, policy and other objectives.
The post holder should ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Line Manager in the formulation of detailed Service objectives and policies.
- To assist the Line Manager with the effective and efficient implementation of Council policies and the achievement of the Council's objectives, including financial ones.
- To contribute to co-operative working across services in accordance with the Council's Vision and Values. To contribute to cross-service initiatives as required.
- To assist in ensuring that the Team's services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- To assist in ensuring that effective external working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the work of individuals and the Team(s).
- To ensure effective and accessible communication with staff, service users, the general public and others as appropriate.
- To ensure the delivery of the results in relation to the achievement of revenue and capital income targets; valuation for capital accounting purposes; and property appraisal either personally or under the supervision of a Senior Estates Surveyor.
- To ensure all results are delivered on time and within budget so as to meet the targets assigned to the post holder and/or team.
- To undertake difficult, and challenging tasks (eg primarily valuation work but also portfolio management; development; and asset management work).
- To assist the Line Manager in establishing and implementing innovative, efficient and effective means (eg data systems) for the team or individuals to achieve successful results.
- To undertake detailed investigations into the various Title and Town and Country Planning status of all the classes and types of property included in the Council's estate. To prepare submit and pursue Town and Country Planning applications for development and improvement of property in the team's care as necessary.
- To carry out a variety of property valuations of differing tenure, type and for various purposes to include (but not limited to) valuations for capital accounting purposes, investment, and other statutory valuations.
- To assist the team, when necessary, and act as the Council's agent in other management functions such as acquisition, letting, management and disposal, by sale of lease, of all types of property. In such circumstances the post holder will exercise substantial delegated financial authority in complex and difficult negotiations in order to secure the most advantageous terms for the Council.
- The Post holder will be expected to act mostly on his/her own initiative once he/she has agreed a work programme with the Line Manager/Senior Estates Surveyor. He/She will be responsible for the achievement of agreed targets and will be expected to call upon the Senior Estates Surveyor for only minimal support and guidance.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified (RICS ) with relevant post qualification experience.
- Well-developed negotiating skills with a background in property management appropriate to the designated portfolio for this post.
- Some training and/or experience or ability to supervise and guide junior staff in providing services to specified quality, timescale and budget.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to relate the ownership and use of property to the Visions and Values of the Council.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases